Considered the best work of Giacomo Della Porta, the church was built in 1580.
On the place where the church is there was a cloister. When the cloister was ruined people used to use it as barn. In 1579 some people were at work in the area and there were tearing down a wall and they heard a voice: “Do not cause any pain to the child!”. Suddenly they found a fresco about the virgin Mary and the child. So many people coming from the area wondering about the miracle and, of course, the barn were not destroyed. It become the center of the church now we can admire.